The Brancacci Chapel is situated in the south transept of the Basilica del Carmine, founded by Carmelite friars in Florence in the 13th century and best known for its fresco cycle with the Stories of St. Peter commissioned by Felice Brancacci in 1423. Painted by Masolino da Panicale and the young Masaccio, it was left unfinished in 1427 and was only completed by Filippino Lippi between 1481 and 1483. One of the fresco cycles most emblematic of the Florentine Early Renaissance, it is remarkable for the stringent handling of perspective that imparts unity to the scenes, the powerfully innovative approach adopted by Masaccio causing those that he painted to stand out among their fellows.
In 2022 and for the whole of 2023, a restoration site was set up in the Chapel with scaffolding that can be walked over by visitors (for further information see below under the heading "Exhibitions and events")
The reservation for the museum entrance is mandatory.
Info: +39 0552768 224, email@example.com
Access to the Cappella Brancacci is by groups of a maximum of 10 people and for a maximum of 30 minutes.
For groups and school groups the reservation is always mandatory.
Piazza del Carmine 14
Tel. Ticket Office 055 2768224