Combined ticket with Cappella Brancacci. Reservation required
The museum is housed in the magnificent medieval refectory of Santo Spirito, one of the two oldest monastic refectories still standing in Florence. Its original function is recalled by a superb 14th century fresco by Orcagna that takes up an entire wall of the room. It now houses the collection donated to the city by antique dealer Salvatore Romano in 1946 and still arranged in the scenographic layout that Romano himself designed with sculptures, fragments of architectural decoration and detached frescoes stretching from the Roman era to the 16th century, including works by Tino di Camaino and Donatello.
This museum is housed in the former monks' refectory in the convent of Santo Spirito.
P.zza S.Spirito 29
Tel. 055 287043